Saturday, August 29, 2009

It seems that I do not have the urge to write nowadays, except today. Today I want to write something about the power dynamics in a family. I've been a fan of the egalitarian family, ever since my women's studies professor introduced me to it (yep! I took the class with the mistake that I was going to learn about something else; but I enjoyed it nevertheless, hehe). On one hand, it is sad to say that I haven't seen any family of this sort (well, not completely that is), and I believe it is really because of systemic causes (i.e. societal factors) that prevent it from becoming so. On the other hand, however, I do see glimpses of what tomorrow-world can be, a world where the society and the family has eliminated dominant-submissive family processes and/or structures.

So today I want to write something about the power dynamics in a family ---but my problem is I don't think I can do justice right now. (so here we go again...)

Anyhow, I will write about this sometime soon. I guess this entry simply serves as a reminder for me to do so. Hehehehe. hehehe. hehe. he... [sigh!]...[gulp!]...[sigh again]... [smile]... promise!!! promise to the max!!! promise talaga... sige na. maniwala ka na... pls?? :))

4 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger carael said...

a mom once said to me, not too long ago," i've never seen my kids quarrel about anything,at least not infront of me", i think is the best power dynamics in a family you can think and dream of. that, regardless of what society presents them, will always have the heart for family. and you've got them jand, right before your eyes, within your reach and in your heart. just allow them so.

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Graziella said...

:-)

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Curly sue said...

Carael, huh?!
Kauban, maybe u haven't seen a completely egalitarian family yet because first nothing can ever be perfectly equal, second, it's all relative, u have to be looking from the inside. An equal arrangement to one family may be by so in another. A loving cohesive relatinship in the family is more important than equality, my opinion Lang naman.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger kauban said...

I find it hard to comment to your comments. What you guys say make real sense, if not also true. Pa-abang na lang muna ang susunod na commentary on egalitarian eche-eche, siguro mas mai-explain ko ng maigi (or not). hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home