Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's been a month since I've been out of work now. Yes, I officially declare that I am a bum... haha! Although, whether it is by chance or by unconscious will of my own, this monumental change may actually be for the best. You see, I am going back to school. Yes (again), I officially declare that I am finally finishing my college years that has been my plight ever since I migrated here in the 'land of plenty.' Let's see, that would mean a grandiose 16 years of endeavor trying to finish what most can in 4 years or 3 years for some of my high school batchmates (mga tsonggits at tsonggets, huwag nyo naman akong tawanan. makakarating din naman ako eh! hehe!!)...

In a few days, I am also going home to PI for Christmas. Yes, I officially declare that I will go to mass (simbang gabi) after 12 years of not experiencing the yuletide season in the 'land of festivities.' Taste the puto-bumbong, light some firecrackers with family and friends, and celebrate life with beloved co-journeyers...

I thought that since I left work, I would have some time to wind down. That did not happen. I got busy with stuff that I simply could not find time to reflect. Of course, the next logical thought would be that I hope to have some reflective moments while I'm away for vacation but as my friends would say, "umasa ka pa!" The trip would be filled with all sorts of activities that I would be surprised if there would be time to wind down. My only fulfillment would come in the creation of moments that, like all the past moments, I will gladly remember over and over and over...

Life is really funny though. In a lot of ways, happiness comes in how one construe his/her life to be. I watched Pendong of Asin last night and in one of their songs "Itanong Mo Sa Mga Bata," it asks the rich and the poor who of them suffers more (...Ikaw ba'y isang mayaman/O ika'y isang mahirap lang/Sino sa inyong dalawa/ Ang mas nahihirapan? Itanong mo sas mga bata...). Of course, the simple answer is the poor. But isn't the rich also suffering from loss of connectivity due to the structural failures of our time?! Anyway, my point is that apart from the economic disparity, I see people either rich or poor capable of celebrating life. Yet I also see people either rich or poor hating life because of the same system that brings about economic disparity! How can that be? But I digress. Anyhow, I am not writing a thesis so I will just say this; that life IS really funny. However absurd the quote is, Forrest is right, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." But whatever you get, the question is ---would you still be happy?...

Ugh. Now I remember. I told myself I need to write a poem. I would know I am alright if I am able to create one. But I don't got no inspiration!!!!! (ngek! Mga tsong, patulong naman dyan o! Hehe!!)...

Regardless, because I know I may not have another time after this... Merry Christmas everybody! And I hope you'll find moments that will bring you real fancy cheer!!!!!!!! Take care as well.

3 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey Alex! miss you much. have great time in the PI and call me when you get back. merry xmas and say hi to your family for me. :-)
--Pat

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger kauban said...

ms. pinkipod, di na ko makalog-in sa blog mo. di ko alam kung bakit.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't blog anymore :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home