Wednesday, January 23, 2008

HOME
by Franco Balera

The trace of your lips on mine is gone
The memory of your embrace
Though I can recall my arms on your waist
But barely

I want to feel your warmth
The scent of your hair
The curve on your neck
The softness of your breast

It was the moment that brought us together
However fleeting the hour today
When memories can be lost so easily
Like the bird in flight, the wind on my face

But let hearts be told of us tomorrow
Forever again when we meet
I cradle the lingering thoughts and sprouting dreams
And the imagination of my hands and lips

Speaking of which, my dear
You are my love, my love, my only
Where my dreams continually rest
And my heart forever belonging...

...In the quiet solitude of simple beginnings
You are my home.

8 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger Jodl said...

Jandd !!!! thanks for dropping by sa blogspot ko. Musta?

I am now in Narita, Japan on the way to the US. Sa Florida ako magstay for 4 days. Magkikita kami ni Jiggs.
Tapos dadaan ako ng San Francisco ng Thursday pero saglit lang ako dun coz am going to Rancho Cordova... hehehe.

Anyway balitaan mo ako sa jodl.gayatin@gmail.com!

 
At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so warm, so nice, so elegantly written....

you must have been through or you are into a fantastic relationship... and you can relate to the poet.....

an unforgettable sharing of love so intense and powerful.....

are you far away from each other?


xandre

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger kauban said...

yep. hated long distance relationships. i tried before. and i hella don't know why i am into this again. haha.

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should know why.....true love and intimate sharing of life, body, soul and aspiration....no other explanation but that! love songs sing it over and over, sages speak of it well in poetry, faithful lovers tell it so sweetly....

xandre

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kauban, you must be missing your wife....pardon my traditional orientation if i would supposed that you have a wife....i've been through it. i miss my wife since i went abroad.. as i read each line of the poem i miss her more ...the only consolation is that, i know, it is more than physical longing of her, but her whole being ...'tis i know, i love her so dearly beyond the lines and shape of her body.... welcome to the club!

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

told you long distance relationship works...
do I have to say I have 3 to prove it? :)
but be warned..it is not for the weak of heart...

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger kauban said...

hahahaha!!!! haha. well, i guess so. hehe.

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is franco balera?
do you have other poems of him?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home