Sunday, January 20, 2008

On my first week in PI, I accompanied my cousin to Quezon, purportedly for his girlfriend's family reunion but, in actuality I was there as his "representative" from his family while he was to propose to his soon-to-be fiance. Well, as time told, he is now happily engaged. 'About time, hehe.

On my way home from Quezon, I rode a bus to Manila. I was alone at the time, not lonely, mind you, but pensive. I was thinking about how happy I am to be back home, how all the sceneries I pass by still feel so much like home to me. How I feel home to the culture, that it is this place that my heart still belongs, as compared to all the unfamiliarity I have of the US, ironic because I now have lived more in the US than back home.

I was also thinking of my cousin and his fiance, how they mingle with each other right after the proposal. She was continually saying I-hate-you's though she was obviously exhilerated by what they have just undergone. And my cousin laughing so hard to his heart's content, cherishing every bit of that moment. What strikes me though is the manner of how they, after all these years, have now become really intertwined, like a vine on a wire. They have reached that level of oneness I have rarely seen in a couple. That relationship that defines bestfriends, or what others may prefer to define as soulmates.

So I was thinking about them, and then I realized something of what I want. I then text'ed a good friend of mine, as I have always confided everything dear to my heart to this my friend. I said, "Now I know what I want for a wife. I want someone who can understand the depth of my experienced pain, and from this little beginning be able to share a life with me."

...to be continued.

14 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger Franny said...

It's amazing that you realized that-what you want in a wife or partner. I do believe that everyone, or let's just say we who love, yearn for that. Just that the problem sometimes or most of the time is that we become blinded by the superficial or our emotions and physical needs and wants shadow what our souls really yearn for. Then some of us grow old, accept and regret our fate. My point is if we just study ourselves and dig deep to our souls we might not grow old regretting our choices. My next point is that, as an idealist( and I know you are too), I hope we at some point have a moment like that if we haven't yet. For me, I had that moment too. Funny because kung tumandang dalaga ako that's because of that. :)

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Franny said...

...I hope that we at some point will have a moment like that..

...pardon my grammar

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger kauban said...

hehe. di ko nga maalala talaga sabi ko. pero parang ganun. eniwey, wag kang mag-alala. di naman ako grammarian. hehe. at idealist daw sya. ako? nonono!!! at least di ko binubunyag, mahirap na. hehehe. jok.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Franny said...

so taga saan ka sa Cali? what city? was just in frisco last weekend and i want to move there....i wanted before but when I saw NYC, i kinda forgot about SF...

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger kauban said...

hehehe. SF area nga.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger kauban said...

sayang. :)

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Franny said...

anong sayang? :)

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bakit sayang?

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger kauban said...

"sayang" = lost opportunity; in particular, it is the lost opportunity to interact more fully and engage with each other as we reckon with the world.

di ba sayang? :P

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Franny said...

Ohhhh

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhuh!!

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your heart must me lonnging for soulmate....


roxanne

 
At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, well,well....do not only look for someone who would understand your past pain....but someone you can share your own wholeness....someone you can relate with , laugh with, cry with, journey with in understanding the world we live in and if possible dream for a beautiful world for all men & women, children and the natural world including the land, the sea, the air, animals, flowers, trees, butterflies......everything that has life....

so impress with the kind of articulation you make

alexis
cebu

bisaya ka 'bay?!

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

alexis, dili sya bisaya dong, iya sister-in law ra.asa man ka sugbu dong?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home