Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Would I release myself from the impending pain?
Would I run away from you?
The toxic fumes, the paranoid self
Comes into collusion with the rising thin air

Setbacks and letdowns
Come and go like the rushing wind
And for all that I did and all I anticipated
I think have come true

But wounds heal, the heart recovers
Especially when one sleeps
Especially when one gets sick
A rest hums a song to a rattled self

Did you rattle for being sick?
Or did you pose for wanting to go?
I wish, oh how I wish it was merely
The physical limitations of life.

Yet I will not be persuaded
By innocent lies and familiar faces
I am like a stone to the bone
Because my experience have brought me home... to you

And home can be the place that I live
And the moments I encounter
The glances I take across your face
And the imaginations of tomorrow

And when synchronicities, analogies, anomalies, and ironies conspire,
I of course am bound to such a conclusion---
I understand.

6 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love this too. you're a great writer Kauban. also, it's like sometimes you write what i want to read, ha ha...

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger kauban said...

hmmm... pinapabilog mo ba ulo ko?! hehe. bugyan mo ko ng teme, subukan kong i-personalize para sa yo. pero, di ko siguro magawa yun hanggang sept, kasi... dito ko sa pinakaamahal kong bayan!!!... :)

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

take your time. i want you to enjoy your break

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, u back yet?

'niwey, I was hoping to get your permission to share this sacred poem of yours in my blog??? pwede kaya?

about sa theme naman for me... i'll let you know soon too.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger kauban said...

sige na nga. share and multiply!!! haha.

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger kauban said...

so miss dear pablita, do you know the theme na of what you want me to write? Who knows, baka nasulat ko na sya... hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home