Saturday, April 08, 2006

Kropek, what the heck is kropek?

I've searched the dictionary but nothing came up. I googled it and it refers to something in russian language. Well, I guess that's what she is referring to. I know she's into russian dolls. But it still doesn't quite make sense. So I dropped down the google list and up comes the pinoy slang dictionary. Wow! So that's what she's talking about!!!

Unbelievable! I don't think there is a tagalog dictionary out there that can claim to be a comprehensive reference of the language. Yet due to the power of "parallel networking," the internet was and is able to develop a reference for pinoy ebonics. Too bad though. It doesn't include the origins of the word so at least I could trace when I stopped becoming "hip". :)

Anyway, so this is what kropek means... I think I got it now. It refers to "beautiful women in red dress trying to attract would-be lovers in order to find the love that would last between forever and a lifetime but can never seem to figure out why such love is so hard to find..."

Okay. Maybe I got the wrong definition again. Damn. I'm still stuck at the Romantic era.

2 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger kauban said...

okey, now I get it. kropek. oishi. tagal na palang sinasabi. pero manilenyong salita naman yan. Kanyan manaya agko naaralan no anto so gabay ton ibaga! Pasensya la ta taga probinsya ak kasi. Abalang ko la langula pekpek ya walay kuto to. Hehe! Jok labat, anta yo met la. :)

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kropek, murang pulutan 4 baguio boys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home