Thursday, April 12, 2007

I caught myself humming this song at work. I put on my ipod and blared the song on the speakers listening to the sweet sweet tune being played; while, however, half-joking my friends that I like the song because it reminds me much of 'desperate' love. Like something like "well, nobody's really there for me anyway, so I guess I'll just have to stick with you..." Meanwhile, laughing at the pun, while they start hating me for what I just said, and replying, "Wait! That's not what the song is about!!!" And I keep on laughing, more because I want to set a spirited atmosphere in the morning for most of us that despise being at work too early, but also, on a deeper, personalized level, because I think I'm starting to understand what it all means after all. .
.
...Because I know full well that the song is not about desperate housewives (hehe!)... I think I finally got it. It's not about being sucked into the world of last options, but rather understanding what love really means, and coming to terms with your own soul past all the chatterbugs that are nipping on it. And bringing one to fall on his knees, breaking all the chains of customs and norms, and be with who one really wants to be, with the pinnacling moment to willingly falling into the pits, to the person one decides to 'stick with' the rest of his life forever. After all, it is what life often beckons one to come to in order to comprehend its purpose, despite one's hard-headedness, and reveal the mystery that transcends one's own time.

.
.
by Pussycat Dolls

I don't wanna go another day,
So I'm telling you exactly what is on my mind.
Seems like everybody's breaking up
Throwing their love away,
But I know I got a good thing right here
That's why I say
(Hey)
.
Nobody gonna love me better
I must stick with you forever.
Nobody gonna take me higher
I must stick with you.
You know how to appreciate me
I must stick with you, my baby.
Nobody ever made me feel this way
I must stick with you.
.
I don't wanna go another day
So I'm telling you exactly what is on my mind.
See the way we ride in our private lives,
Ain't nobody getting in between.
I want you to know that you're the only one for me (one for me)
And I say...
.
Nobody gonna love me better...

2 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger A. B. said...

coming to terms with one's self, hmm.. i hope you truly have. beacuse then you can stand tall despite all adversities.
ingat kauban!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger kauban said...

hehe! ate gigay. miss na tuloy kita!

addendum: ... a little focus. just a little focus is what I say, on the essential things that bring about life and , while important and stimulating(?!,)not be bogged down by the past and imaginings of a future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home