Monday, March 19, 2007

My department was sent to help out another department at work the other day, and I had the chance to work with an old coworker of mine. While there was a bit of friction to start my workday with, it actually felt good to connect with him after a long time. I remember where we both used to work at (in a department long gone), where the atmosphere was so much like family, not like the corporate, cut-throat menace of where we're at now.

At the end of the day, he tells me, "Man! It feels good to work with you once again! When are you coming back?" and I replied, "You know what? The feeling is mutual. I feel so comfortable working here with you around. But I'm not sure when I can come back. Maybe you should just move to where I'm at!!!" And we both exchanged smiles. Then I added, "You know why it feels good to work together? Because you and I come from the third world. You and I have experienced what real human interactions exists in our home countries, and we relive it when we're both together!!!" "You're right," he replied, "You are definitely right." Of course, we know that we romanticize our experiences back home, but there is truth to what I said, a certain sense of real spirituality and soulfulness back where we come from that is currently absent in the place where we are made to endure at.

--------------------------

So I wake up to the smell of coffee. And in my waking I see "dead" people, lonely, lost. It is the place we live in. But knowing this, a bunch of us can start (or continue) to create a world that each human being can be proud (and content) to finally truly call our home.

No more solitary tears, no more social depression. Just wide-eyed embrace of ourselves and the other person, and our immersion into the timeless pool we call life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home