Thursday, March 22, 2007

REMEMBER?
A Public Announcement


Remember the first poem I wrote about you? I read it every now and then and even now, I still remember myself in it. Remember how I ran with you? Haha! Too stressful for me to go on but I knew I wanted to run it because I was with you and you wanted me to. Remember how I used to throw pebbles at your window at night? I ran out of them I started throwing pennies. And I remember your face lit up when we meet then. Remember all those times we went places? Yellowstone, Lassen, that picnic area by the reservoir, Hawaii, Shasta. We even went to Washington, right? And I even ran for the seals with my worn out damn heavy boots. Well, I learned to wear 'snickers' now.

I remember your face, at different points in our life. I remember your dance, as funny to me it seems but rather you. I remember the morning coffee and the cuddling of you while laying down watching your favorite shows on TV. And the quiet jovial times we sit by the fireplace drinking wine, and your obsession to being massaged. Yeah, I remember.

I do remember, while I drive my car, while I sit down smoking (yes, I still do), while looking at the night sky, while sipping coffee in the afternoon on a bench by the lake...

I want you to know that in those moments of rememberings, I cherish our time, our life. I have come to realize that you have infected my life to heights I've never seen. I have come to realize that you have spoken to my heart in the most intimate way, with a touch that eliminates all the rattle of daily life to reveal the real moments of two people together, meshing, transcending space and time, collapsing the universe into nothingness and everything at the same time.
.
I remember all these and more. And frankly, I don't think I will ever, nor would I even want to, my dear, to forget such things.

10 Comments:

At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i knew u werent over her..:(

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Pwetic...

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember how romantic u are :)

 
At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

. imeant u were ; (

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger kauban said...

am sorry...

 
At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its ok its better to be honest..
i wish we could all move forward.
i mean it when i say i want the best for you..all i want is for you to be happy because you deserve to be.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what it is u suffer from. Whatever the case love has done one hella of a job on u. Thats for sure!!1!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Lady S said...

Who ever the LUCKY woman is ur writing about is in for the ride of her life!

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know ...if you really love her still, make a way to get her back.
if not,let it go.you might end up missing the one for you.

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read this post over and over again and everytime I read it I'm left with the feeling that no one will ever remember me the way u do her! It's really too bad for me that ur so n love....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home