Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"I really just have to find the beauty in living to be able to fight for it again."
-Antonio Cruz, circa 2005.

An announcement: After 18 years of having migrated here, I just became a US citizen today.

A friend came with me. I asked her to be my witness while I take oath. While it was not necessary (I could've gone to the ceremony alone), folks can be brought as witnesses. I intentionally asked her because, as I told her my reason, she was the only real American person I know. Hehehe.

The event looked like a graduation ceremony, and the trip (BART train and a 1-mile uphill walk) to the place gave us time to catch up with each other. My goodness, we both said as we started sharing each other stories, "a lot of things have changed." After the 2-hour ceremony that could have really just taken 15 minutes (thanks to the emcee for being quite a jokester), she treated me to the celebratory lunch, before we parted ways. Then I thought to myself, "Funny, I wonder when I'll see her again. She comes and goes like the last dream before waking!"

[hmmm... hehe] yep, quite funny indeed.

3 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger Jodl said...

Congrats pare!!! Amboy na cya !!

I left a note sa friendster mo. Nasa US ako tonight pero derecho muna NY.. Sa San Fo ako May 2 to May 5.. Will be staying with a friend in Rancho... Hope we have the time to catch up again hehehe. Cheers !

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger kauban said...

ikaw nga dyan pre. para ka na ring nakatira dito a! haha.

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beauty is all around us. We just have to keep our eyes open to see it, and our hearts open to feel it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home