Monday, November 16, 2009

"...What do you really want from me? I know you clearly know why I do not want to establish some kind of friendship with you, right? I am going to fall in love with you again. I cannot just have any friendship with you. I just can't.
"Someone told me it looks like I still haven't forgotten you. I am picking up the pieces of myself I have left and am trying to make sense of the word love once more. I don't think I can ever love somebody as great as I have had for you.
"And if I ever marry, whoever he is, he is damned. I can't give my whole and this is shattering my soul to the point that I might as well be cynical about love..."

-Allie confronting Noah
(in her desperate attempt to move on,
get married with someone else)
The Notebook (2004)

4 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hhhmm? just thinking what was your mood when you thought of this?

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kauban, friends can become lovers but lovers can never become friends after the break-up. this is something that you have to accept. you try so hard to reconnect with your ex because you've never really gotten over her. the fact that you are trying so hard to reconnect means you can not let go. forget her. forget the past. set yourself free, set her free. she's not even thinking of you anymore. don't kid yourself that you can be friends.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger A. B. said...

migosh... been through that phase, too. well, i may just have been there before you.

all my friends were then telling me to- forget him, forget the past, let go, move on, he has his own life now, you have to cut loose.. but i just couldn't bring myself to. it is quite hard. and i have said that very same line before, and even til now. "no, i cannot love you. it'll only be unfair to you and to me. because i don't think i can ever love again in the same way and the same intensity as before."

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger kauban said...

'te AB, the curse of previous love ba? hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home