Tuesday, November 17, 2009

When I came to the US, I remember going outside and wondering where all the people are at. The street is deserted: no people, no one to say hi to. Then I went to my room and stayed there for three days.

Anyhow, back then the world wide web hadn't been created so I spent many of those first years doing snail mail. I came across all the reply letters. So I opened them up and took a little trip down memory lane. I had my laughs, with all the gossips and goings-on back then. The other funny part though is that I do not remember a lot of those things written. Somehow, they must have been buried deep into memory (or, if you are one of those believers, those memories were kicked out of my head because my hard drive is full).

Those letters were special to me. That's the reason why I kept them for so long.

To all you from PI who wrote back waaaaayyyy back then: Michelle Samson, Chris S1, Glenn B., Ate Donna, Kaloy, Apra, Cherry, Chetz, Ate Karen, Paul, Lani Andres, Grace Fernandez, Ninette, Teret, Harold (poging taga-Marikina), Ate Christy, Kuya Roland, SB Bocato, Ecel, Maya, Digs... salamat po sa inyo. Paulit-ulit kong pinapakinggan ang Minsan ng Eheads habang binabasa ko ulit mga sulat. Hehe.

Yun lang po.

PS. Daj, alam ko sumulat ka, pero kinain ata ng mga daga yung love letter mo. ngek.

7 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

didn't you have your entire family with you when you came to the US? You shouldn't dwell too much on that 'loneliness' when you weren't entirely alone. a lot of us, including me of course, came here knowing no one and leaving everyone behind. you're so much luckier!

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

didn't you have your entire family with you when you came to the US? You shouldn't dwell too much on that 'loneliness' when you weren't entirely alone. a lot of us, including me of course, came here knowing no one and leaving everyone behind. you're so much luckier!

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous CurlySue said...

Wow! Anonymous sounds exactly like me! Also said exactly what I would comment! Couldn't agree on you more Anonym!

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous melagladdie said...

I think Kauban is not actually 'dwelling too much' of what he has stated but just thankful he is blessed he got something to remember and be reminded these people thought of him all the while. I admire this Kauban, because he experienced things that will never be put in vain.On your journey, enjoy the once open doors for you, and believing God will make good impact in the lives of people through you. And I am witness of your love to people, especially to your family. Keep it up Kauban! God bless!

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Cherry said...

you are welcome. nakaka-miss ang snail mail no? mas personal. lalo na kung may talent ka sa pag-interpret ng handwriting, mabubuking mo ang saloobin nung sumusulat :)

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger kauban said...

haha. ganun? nag-graphology ka ba o innate yan? ilan na yung nabisto mo? hehe.

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Cherry said...

wish ko lang ;P hulang ewan lang

 

Post a Comment

<< Home