Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Kites.

I remember as a kid I used to fly kites with my cousins (tons of them!). WE go out in the fields in the back of our house (tebeng!) and look up in the sky. Every now and then, some other pack comes flying their own sets of kites. Then it's gametime ---dogfighting!!! With "bubog" on the string, the kites fight in the air. The kites join together in midair, their strings starting to grab each other. Keep on tugging it! There! Keep on tugging it!!! You're close! Just keep on pulling!!! Keep on pulling... That's it. A little more, a little more ---Look! LOOK!!!... YES!!!! WE GOT 'EM! WE GOT EM! WE GOT 'EM!!!!! AYOS! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

...Then of course, there are times when we lose. I cry. We cry. We were kids. We don't know any better. We don't know even that by the time we grow up we will be flying a different kind of kite, one that makes you look into the air but this time also fly...

I lost a kite once. It was sunny when it happened. My heart broke into millions of pieces. After that, I never flew a kite again...

Now, it's been a long time since I flew one. But I've been talking about flying kites for some time now. I wonder how it feels. I wonder how it would still feel...

So I'm gonna fly a kite again. Actually, I think it already flew.

5 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nagsaranggola ko sa marina last summer. nakahiga sa damo. naputol yung pise. inatake ng migraine sa init ng araw. den sumuka. sarap magpalipad. kv.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

U2 has a song called "Kite". It matches your post... Pakinggan mo sa eroplano. :)

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nga pala, may dala akong saranggola.

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger kauban said...

kv. magpapalipad ulit ako pagbalik ko. sama ka?

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger kauban said...

hahanap tayo ng lilim. at magdadala pa ako ng midol. promise! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home