Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Though You Do Not Know Me (draft)

I will give up my life for you
I will man the streets to keep you safe
I will fight oppression and injustice
To bring you closer, closer to a more sane world

In a world where happiness is abundant
Where life will be free from unnecessary troubles
Brought about to man by man himself
A world where love can finally be allowed to grow

I will offer up my service to you and your generation
I will withstand the torrents of the rain
I will teach what little I know
So when you grow older, you will know better

And you will live, much more than we have
You will practice loving, more than we ever did
You will sing songs that deserve to be sung
And you will be, who we only dreamed of becoming

Together with many others, I promise to struggle
We will win, and you will live
To catch the rain when it falls
And remember in love, what has been fought

...though you do not know me

8 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how noble of you!=)

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger kauban said...

it's not the nobility, really. it's more probably the necessity of things. like we all do, of course.

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the amount of sacrifice makes it noble. not everyone is willing to or capable of such.=)

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger kauban said...

i would like to think that we all do our share in the progress of the world. for some, the poem may be symbolic; for others, it may be a literal statement. but i believe in our own ways we all pitch in, or at least it makes sense, "to fight oppression and injustice," and make it a better world for them, di ba?

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger kauban said...

something tells me i know who you are, but i'm not sure. thus the generalizations of my replies. :))

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have to agree with you that we all share in the progress of the world; others do it unwittingly (like myself) while others do it with unrelenting passion (like you do).=)

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger kauban said...

well, i definitely do not profess to have unrelenting passion. passionate maybe, but not unrelenting. haha.

happy holidays to you, who you are.

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fine--- passionate, impassioned. call it any way you want. but still it is really commendable that you do what you do to make a better world.

happy holidays to you, too. may you have a great year next year!=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home