Monday, November 23, 2009

'Tis The Season...

A friend was making a comment about persimmons and Filipinos. He is not particularly into persimmons himself but was wondering why a lot of Filipinos love them. I told him, "I'm not sure why, really, but maybe it has something to do with the familiarity of fruits or their resemblance to native Filipino ones. They taste a little bit like chico, and when you bite into them, the texture resembles that of mangoes." I, for one, am really into persimmons especially the "crispy" ones, and when I peel them I feel like I'm peeling a santol.

5 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger graziella said...

hey, i love mangoes and like chico and santol pero i don't know why, i've never liked persimmons hehe. My parents love them though :).

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uy, maybe you can give me your address and I can tell my mom-in-law to just mail you persimmons from her backyard... nasasayang lang kasi sa akin.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger kauban said...

I'll remind you of another fruit. mabolo. hehe. in wikipedia, they say mabolo is a close relative of persimmons. doesn't quite taste like it though. plus, mabolo is furry (right?).

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger graziella said...

para sa kin ba yang comment or for Anonymous lol? di pa ako nakatikim ng mabolo

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger kauban said...

ms. iella, para sa inyong dalawa ata (not sure who anonymous is yet, couldn't quite figure it out). in any case, if you give me you're email, i can give you my address, so i can indulge myself in tons of vitamin c... hehe. :)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home