Monday, June 26, 2006

...here, there, and back.

Somehow, it feels like I just woke up to a new life. Like it was all a dream. Did I imagine all the things I did? Did I imagine my past life?

It took me fifteen years, two months, and twenty-eight days to say goodbye to my one true love. And yet it still felt like I did not want to leave. Yet I know that I want to do it for my own sanity. And for other people who now surround me. And for her. (Remember our promises and our hopes...)

Now I'm back here in the US. I don't really want to talk about the trip just yet. I'll write something about it soon though. Suffice to say, that I have come home from a long trek, from a distant land, from a distant memory... I set out to reconnect to my past, my old world, my old home. And if there's one thing I achieved in the trip, is this ---that I am more whole today than the fragments I was before.

In short... I'm home, finally.

3 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you finally did say goodbye. :-)

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger kauban said...

yes, my friend. i did. so surreal nga eh! and you? let me know sometime, ok? i still care, you know... sus! naku! kitam! nagi-emote na naman tuloy ako... >:P

 
At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad you did, my friend, even though it took you a very long time. praying that you will now have the courage to honor God by being truly alive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home